The idea of deleting your Instagram account may sound daunting. But it’s actually quite simple. Whether you want to delete your Instagram account for personal reasons, or want to change your username or phone number, this article will give you the steps on how to do so.
If you’re looking for a similar step-by-step guide for Android, check out How To Delete Instagram Account On Android Phone – The Easiest Way.
What Is Instagram?
Instagram is a social media app where people can share photos and videos. The feature of Instagram that has allowed it to become so successful is their filters. But even though there are many different filters, you don’t need to use them all the time.
However, if you do want to use the features Instagram offers, then your account will be much more interesting.
For example, let’s say you take a picture of yourself without any filter on Instagram. Without any filters, the photo would look like this:
If you want to use Instagram as a tool for marketing your business or brand, then you’ll need to use their unique hashtag feature. For example, if I wanted to promote my business using Instagram, then I would create an Instagram account with my company name in it (just like this one) and use that account for all of my marketing purposes.
How to Delete Your Instagram Account on iPhone
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Click your profile icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to see a list of actions and click “Delete Account.”
- You will then be asked for your password for your account, which you can enter or not enter if you don’t remember it. If you enter it, make sure that you have changed it to something more secure before doing so as this is where Instagram stores your password information.
- Enter your old password and confirm that everything looks correct.
- You will then get a pop-up stating that deleting an account is permanent and cannot be undone once completed, along with some other information about deleting accounts at Instagram’s discretion
- Once complete, you will see the confirmation message that says “Your account has been deleted.”
Why Would You Want To Delete Your Instagram Account?
If you want to delete your account because of personal reasons, or if you have a new phone number and you want to change it, this article will show you how.
This article is also helpful if you want to delete your Instagram account and start over with a new username. This can be useful if someone gave away the username of your Instagram account and it has been compromised.
If that’s not the case, just continue reading!
Other Reasons to Delete Your Instagram Account.
You may want to delete your Instagram account if you want to change your username or phone number.
If you want to delete your Instagram account for personal reasons, you can do so by following these steps.
If you want to remove all of the posts from your Instagram account, follow this article and instructions on how to do so.
To start the process, tap on the icon located at the top-right side of the screen which looks like three lines with a key in the middle.
Once you have tapped on that icon, you’ll be brought into your settings menu.
Tap on “account” and then select “deactivate.” This will take effect immediately and remove all posts from your profile.
Now, tap on “Account Options” and select “Deactivate Account.” This will require that you enter a reason why you want to delete your account. You can write any reason that is meaningful to you. After entering your reason, tap “deactivate.”